Sleeping pills help you to get over from the problem of sleeplessness. Sleep medicines are suggested to those who can’t sleep on their own. They have a sleeping disorder called “insomnia” which means inability to sleep. Most cases of insomnia are related to poor sleeping habits, depression, and lack of exercise, anxiety, or certain medication. Other emotional and psychological causes like anger, grief, worry, trauma also causes insomnia. Sleep medicines help to cure sleeping disorders.
Wide ranges of sleep medicines are available in the market. Doctors prescribe special medication for the treatment of sleeplessness. The medicine should be taken before going to bed. Never try and do some other activity after taking the medicine. For better results. medication should be used right before bedtime for good and sound sleep.
List Of Medicines
● Antidepressants: These are the medicines used to treat anxiety and the problem of sleeplessness. Medicine such as Trazodone (Desyrel) is very good at treating anxiety and sleeplessness. Some more prescribed medicines like Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox, Celexa( citalopram) are said to be good antidepressants. This drug stays in the body for a long time. This drug can treat problems like sleepwalking and night terrors.
● Benzodiazepine: The oldest sleeping pills like Temazepam(Restoril) and Triazolam(Halcion), these drugs stay in the body of the person suffering from insomnia for a long time. It helps to treat problems like sleepwalking and night anxiety.
● Doxepin (Silenor): This drug helps in treating the problem of Insomnia. However, all those having urination problems should not take this drug. If after taking this medicine you do not remember any activity done by you, consult a doctor immediately.
Some More Medicines
● Eszopiclone(Lunesta): It helps to fall asleep quickly for an average of 7 to 8 hours. This medication leads to sleepiness. FDA recommends the starting dose of Lunesta 1 milligram.
● Zaleplon (Sonata): One can take It for a short time period only. It helps to deal with the problem of sleeplessness. It works on the brain. So the brain relaxes and the patient can sleep without any difficulty. This medication also causes stomach pain, muscle cramps, vomiting, sweating, and anxiety. Follow what the doctor says and stop taking this pill on a regular basis.
●Zolpidem (Ambien, Edluar, Intermezzo): These medicines work well at helping the person get good night’s sleep. Furthermore, some people walk in their sleep. This helps in overcoming this sleep disorder. Zolpidem helps to cure this disorder.
Ambien CR helps in getting a long night’s sleep. It also stays in the body of the patient for a longer period of time.
One should take these medicines only when the doctor prescribes it.
One should consult a doctor before taking sleep Medicines. They can have dangerous side effects if consumed without prescription. Doctors can cure Insomnia if the patient improves his sleeping habits and also take behavior therapy. It is a doctor who can identify and treat the problem better. Also, self- medication can prove to be risky.